What exactly is a Fire Risk Assessment?
Fire Risk Assessments are a legal requirement for all UK businesses, and when conducted by Graham Fire Protection we are evaluating the following:
- The overall safety of your premises.
- The activities carried out in your workplace, and how they impact on fire safety.
- The likelihood of fires starting within your premises.
- The safety of all building occupants; including employees, visitors, guests, contractors and members of the public in the event of a fire.
Why does your business require a Fire Risk Assessment?
The Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 (FSA) and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRFSO) both came into effect in October 2006 and replaced over 100 pieces of fire safety law:
- Both the FSA and the RRFSO apply to all non domestic premises (i.e. business premises).
- It is a legal requirement for UK businesses to undertake Fire Risk Assessments to help identify fire hazards, people at risk and actions to be taken to reduce the hazards and risks.
- The responsibility of fire safety has been firmly placed onto the shoulders of business employers, managers and owners.
Graham Fire Protection can provide you with a professional assessment to ensure you are compliant - Example Assessment
Get in Touch
Please contact us at any time for advice or a free audit, recommendations and quotation for your premises.Get In Touch
Our Sister Companies
To see the whole range of services we offer, please click on the logos below.