What does Fire Extinguisher Supply & Maintenance entail?
Fire extinguisher maintenance occurs on at least an annual basis:
- It involves comprehensive checks for damage, corrosion and partial or complete discharge.
- Reference is made at all times to the manufacturers' specific instructions and recommendations on servicing and recharging.
- Once the service is complete, the fire extinguisher is labelled and tagged to specify performed service (i.e. inspection, test, refill or recharge).
Why does my business need Fire Extinguisher Servicing?
- The Fire Scotland Act 2005 firmly places responsibility for Extinguisher servicing with the owner/employer within all commercial premises.
- All fire extinguishers fitted in commercial, public and residential buildings require regular tests and inspections.
- In order to remain safe, British Standard Code of Practice BS5306-3:2009 recommends that your fire extinguishers are serviced at least once a year by qualified technicians.
- Graham Fire Protection can provide these services, essential for keeping your workplace safe at a cost effective price.
Once we carry out a free survey and we know the site specific requirements we will then install the correct equipment for you. The extinguishers will be commissioned/serviced and a Compliant Certificate will be sent to you. All records will be kept and we will contact you when the next annual service is due.